WAMP .htaccess 500 Internal Server Error |
So you are using WAMP for your web app development and to do some redirects under the covers, you introduced a .htaccess file with some intructions. All of a sudden your application throws the 500 Internal Server Error....
It goes more like the following
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, admin@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
The fix is very simple.
- click on the green W (WAMP manager) icon on your task bar.
- go to Apache --> Apache Modules .
- you will see a long list of modules. Some checked and most unchecked.
- make sure that 'rewrite_module' entry is selected (checked). If not, go ahead and check it.
- restart services and you should be good to go